Monday, June 23, 2008

Jed Perl article

I have not even finished reading this article but already I think this is a good one for you to read and consider.  Jed Perl, critic for the New Republic,  writes on some current exhibitions.  I think it is important for us to consider ceramics and crafts in the context of the "art" world in general.  Perhaps the reason ceramics is not taken as seriously is that we often to not place it in this context....
http://tnr.com/bookarts/story.html?id+b23ee3a8-6d78-478f-9b95-a5b031d003c5

( I could not get the blog to cut and paste so I hope this address works - if not let me know.  
Anna

1 comment:

Pat said...

The link doesn't work,

"Sorry, this url does not contain a valid document id. Please check your url or click Back and try again. "

What is the title of the article, we can search the database for it.